IV Therapy for Dehydration
Water is like liquid gold for our bodies. We need to be properly hydrated so we can function at our peak. However, when our fluid levels are low, it can trigger many symptoms that make us feel run down and take a toll on our health. Mild dehydration may be cured by drinking extra fluids, but more severe cases call for the replenishment that only IV therapy can provide.
Mobile IV Nurses specializes in dehydration treatment with IVs. We use high-quality, medical-grade IVs that contain vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. The electrolytes are especially important because the body needs these chemicals to maintain healthy muscle and nerve functions, repair tissues, and perform other important jobs. When we lose these fluids and become dehydrated—through illness, sweating, or other issues—we also lose valuable electrolytes. IV fluids for dehydration restore those electrolytes and help ease the symptoms we experience when we’re running low on fluids.
Dehydration Causes and Symptoms
There are several common causes of dehydration:
- Sickness that causes diarrhea and vomiting. It’s easy to get dehydrated if we can’t replace the fluids we lose when we are ill.
- High fever. The body can lose fluids as its internal temperature rises, especially if the fever is accompanied by sweating or other symptoms that lead to dehydration.
- Urinary dysfunction. Medications or chronic health conditions can lead to more frequent urination, which lowers the body’s fluid levels.
- Heavy perspiration. Intense physical exertion or too much time outdoors in hot climates can cause dehydration, particularly if you don’t drink enough water.
- Age. Children and older adults are more susceptible to dehydration. Young kids tend to lose more fluids when they’re sick, while older people have lower fluid levels to begin with, so they may dehydrate faster compared to others.
How do you know if you require an IV drip for dehydration? There are several telltale signs to look for:
- Lower urine output or urine that is dark yellow in color
- Excessive thirst
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Brain fog
Extreme dehydration can result in kidney or urinary dysfunction, seizures, or low blood pressure that can cause the body to go into shock. IV therapy for dehydration can help you avoid these serious complications.
The Best Dehydration IV Therapy
We recommend the Myers’ Cocktail for dehydration caused by illness, food poisoning, hangovers, and other factors. This blend of vitamins and minerals replenishes the body while also increasing energy and alleviating fatigue.
The Myers’ Cocktail contains ingredients that ease symptoms of dehydration, including B Complex vitamins, vitamin C, magnesium, and the antioxidant glutathione. It provides fast-acting and effective rehydration because this invigorating IV is infused into the bloodstream, so it starts working right away.
Mobile IV Nurses saves you the trouble of traveling to an urgent care center or emergency room because we provide these IV fluids for dehydration at your home, office, or any other convenient location. All you need to do is sit back and relax while we take care of you.