IV Therapy for Migraines & Headaches
It’s hard to cope with migraines. The throbbing, pounding headaches are bad enough. But add in nausea, mood swings, fatigue, and sensitivity to light, which are common side effects, and it becomes clear why an effective treatment plan is so important. That’s why many people rely on our IV treatment for migraines.
The exact cause of migraines is unknown. Possible factors include changes to brain chemical levels, environmental influences, or a family history of migraines. There are also several possible triggers behind migraine attacks:
- Excessive caffeine or alcohol
- Changes to estrogen levels in women
- Sleep disorders
- Dietary changes or exposure to additives in food
- Weather fluctuations
There are typically four stages to a migraine attack. Prodrome signals the onset of an attack about a day or two in advance. Aura occurs right before or during a migraine and can cause light flashes or vision loss, a prickly sensation in the legs or arms, and an inability to speak clearly. The attack itself is when the pulsating headache starts, and it’s followed by the final postdrome stage. People usually rely on migraine medicines, but IV therapy offers an innovative treatment alternative that can provide fast-acting relief since the medication and vitamins are infused directly into the bloodstream.
Optimal IV Treatments for Migraines
Many people turn to IVs for headaches because they are effective and can relieve pain quickly. IVs can include an assortment of vitamins and minerals that address headache and migraine pain. A Myers’ Cocktail is an easy way to find the right IV for your migraine symptoms because it contains ingredients essential for migraine relief. It also helps reduce fatigue and elevate energy levels, both of which are welcome benefits for people who are struggling with headaches and migraines.
This IV treatment for migraines includes:
- Vitamin B Complex: This important group of vitamins can cut the duration and frequency of a migraine attack. The vitamins include B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12.
- Glutathione: This antioxidant helps reduce oxidative stress that can cause inflammation behind headaches and migraine attacks.
- Magnesium: This mineral is well known for helping with migraine relief and can be found in certain migraine medications. Magnesium is thought to be especially effective during the aura stage.
- Vitamin C: Like glutathione, vitamin C has antioxidant properties that decrease the brain inflammation that makes headaches painful.
You can also add medications to your IV. Medications such as Ketorolac (Toradol), a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), that has a relatively rapid onset of action and is very effective for treating moderate to severe pain. Additionally, medications such as Ondansetron (Zofran) can be added to your IV if you suffer from nausea or vomiting during migraine attacks.
Trust Mobile IV Nurses for IV Infusion Therapy for Headaches and Migraines
At Mobile IV Nurses, we offer a broad range of services, including IVs for migraines. We understand that it can feel impossible to go anywhere with a migraine attack in progress or about to happen, so we bring IV therapy to you. We want you to be relaxed and comfortable during treatment to help feel better in no time.
Our IV packages are affordably priced, and we offer flexible payment options so you can choose the best one for you. Contact us today to learn more about IV therapy for migraines and schedule an appointment.